The members should know that the Board of Directors and the staff at Hampton are taking all precautions necessary to strive for a safe and accident-free work and golfing environment. To that end, the following measures have been taken:
- Staff are given a 2-day first aid training course each spring before we open.
- A safety committee is in place with representatives from the maintenance crew, the kitchen, the pro shop and the Board of Directors. This committee meets every 4-6 weeks to discuss issues and concerns.
- A defibrillator is on the site located in the Pro Shop and most staff have been trained on how to operate it.
- Injuries by members and workers are noted and discussed and measures are taken to prevent any recurring events.
- Maintenance staff have been properly trained on the equipment they are operating.
- Spraying of fertilizers and herbicides is done by certified operators who had to successfully complete courses put on by Plant Health Canada and endorsed by the Department of the Environment.